How Well Do You Know Pittsburgh Today?
Or better yet, buy a copy of the latest issue of Pittsburgh Quarterly and get a printed copy.
If you read it, you'll get a good sense of how we stack up as a region compared to other places.
The Good News:
* We're well educated.
* There are jobs here.
* Commuting is easy.
* It's a safe place to live.
* Home values are increasing.
* There is strong support for the arts.
* We have low rates of uninsurance for health.
The Bad News:
* Many children live in poverty.
* Workers earn less here for similar jobs.
* There is a big disparity in homeownership rates between whites and blacks.
* Our governments are in debt.
* We're not very healthy.
* We're riding rough roads.
* Our air is bad (though it's not just our fault).
And if you'd like more detail, go to the PittsburghToday website.